Friday 2 March 2012

London Fashion Week AW12

London fashion week has come and gone, well till September anyways. It's always so exciting! Here I'll share with you the shows and looks/trends that I loved.

Day 1
Bora Aksu


This collection stood out for me. It embodies all the main trends for AW12. There were lots of lace, soft pink and grey hues, two-tone clashing prints, Aksu's famous patterned tights. Its all very romantic.



My favourite look:



Day 2
Temperley London




The lace trend continued at Temperley on day 2, I liked this collection, again it's very feminine with a dark edge.

My favourite look:



Day 3
Marios Schwab

This collection dominated day 3 for me, it was all very sexy and seductive. Lace patterned dresses, sheer maxis and t bar shoes.






My favourite look:



Day 4

Every collection shown on day 4 was amazing! Antonio Berardi, Mark Fast, Erdem, Michael van der Ham were all on point. Alexander McQueen McQ was also shown, military-chic comes to mind, I'm not sure I 'get' it.
The star, the unbeaten, hands down show stopper of day 4 has to be Christopher Bailey's Burberry Prorsum collection. Every piece of this collection is exquisite!
Gorgeous belted trench coats






And my absolute fave:



Peplum skirts, studded gloves, lace up ankle boots



Sharp tailoring









It's very rare that you see a collection and like every piece, it just doesn't happen...except for this collection. I could go on and on, I loved it....Burberry killed on day 4.

Day 5
Meadham Kirchhoff

Bringing your inner dancing queen out! what a fun-tastic collection! The hair (orange, silver, yellow) the blue and red faces!
Sequins galore! It's all very fancy dress but I def would!









Credit: catwalking.com

These are my favourite womenswear collections and looks. I will be posting menswear looks that I loved on my next post. Did you like any of the AW shows? Which ones? Let me know!

6 comments:

  1. I quite like the Day 2 Temperley London one, also the sheer dress by Marios Schwab. One thing that annoys me sometimes about haute couture is the fact nobody would even think of wearing that outside. I guess that's the point sometimes, but it's always good seeing things you could wear on a normal day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Temperley is very beautiful, You are right a lot of stuff we see if so OTT

      Delete
  2. I love London fashion week! It is my favourite city and I am never disappointed when it comes to the event. This year I was pleasantly surprised by the metallic styles coming out in some of the collections! Obviously its spring time and the pastels all came out which I absolutely love! I heard someone refer to them as vintage “ice cream” colours which I think is such a good way of describing them! I really went for it this year, booked a London serviced apartment and stayed in town all week! It is hard to pick out a collection because I loved so many of the shows but seeing the photos of Marios Schwab reminded me how much I adored it! I think sexy and seductive is a great way of describing it!

    Manchester fashion week is on at the moment, and I just cannot help comparing it to London!

    Thanks for the post and the photos. Great memories :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Alice, im also really indecisive especially when they are so many great collections that's why I narrowed it down to the above. I think the pastel trend is exactly what we needed this season, I'm already wearing my spring summer purchases haha

      Delete
  3. My favorite from London FW was M.Schawb it was so refreshing.
    & the Burberry show was boring, it's always the same thing but with a different theme !

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG love Meadham Kirchoff outfits!!! :-)

    http://whitecloset.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete

PXJSKTRMMBPH